Post info

Labels:


Comments 1


Author: Hanna

Well then, I'm off now to see another part of this beautiful planet! This time, it's China. Yeah, I know - I've been there before but this year I'm bound to see yet another region of that fascinating country, before heading on to the symposium of the Melton Foundation. So the next two weeks will see me crawling around Southwest China - just dropping some names and places here so you can google them if you like. ;-) I hope to see some parts of Yunnan and Guangxi provinces, e.g. Kunming, Dali, Guilin, Yangshuo (for the latter two, use Google picture search!), and - time and train ticket availability permitting - on to HongKong and Macao. Not too much in my imaginery travel plan is fixed yet apart from my flight dates, so I'll just go when and where I like. Let's see how I'll fare with that. ;-)
Since I'll be leaving home this evening to go to Berlin and spend the night at my bro's place there before taking off in the early morning, I've finished 95% of my packing by now. Experience from past travels has made me weary of taking too much load with me, but I am of course far away from traveling light. However, the 23k-limit for checked baggage should not pose too much of a problem for the current state of my backpack. Heck, all that experience and list-writing (yessss! Guilty of that...) must be good for something, right? So you might wonder, how to tell the experienced (neurotic?) traveler apart from a greenhorn? The answer is this.
Why that? Quite easily - my new Lonely Planet for Southwest China simply doesn't cover Guangzhou (first destination and departure city after my travels), Hongkong and Macao. So here's the Hanna, chopping away at her old LonelyPlanet China (2004 edition, which is mostly outdated anyways in terms of accomodations), because she just doesn't want to lug this almost 2-pounder around for the info of just half a chapter. So I happily took the respective half chapter instead. ;-) Oh well, I think that might be it for now. Hopefully, my trip will involve a lot of great experiences, awesome places to see and fantastic people to get to know and see again (in the case of the symp, that is - don't think that I'll meet another non-MF person again in China, of all places!). And maybe I'll get to take my mind off from the other things going on in my life right now. Would be a welcome change...
If you want to follow my ramblings and keep up with my travels virtually, stay tuned here! Looking forward to seeing you comment! ;-)

So, liebe Leute - ICH BIN DANN MAL WECH!!! Die Hanna streicht nun erstmal für 3,5 Wochen die Segel an der heimischen Front und verzieht sich in den Osten, genauer gesagt in's Land der aufgehenden Sonne. Ja, da habe ich zwar schonmal die Sonne beim Aufgehen beobachten können, aber als erfahrene Reisende muss ich diese Erfahrung natürlcih nochmal überprüfen. Wer weiß, ob das auch auf andere als die schon bereisten Ecken des Landes zutrifft? Demnächst werde ich mich also in den Provinzen Yunnan und Guangxi (sprich: Jü-nann und Gu-ang-chi oder so ähnlich) herumtreiben und dabei hoffentlich Kunming, Dali, Guilin und Yangshuo anschauen (googelt ruhig mal, die letzten Orte am besten mit Google Bildersuche!). Danach geht's, wenn noch Zeit ist und ich Zugtickets ergattern kann, nach Hongkong und Macao. Und dann - nach ca. 2,5 Wochen - fliege ich weiter nach Shanghai und Hangzhou, wo dann (wieder mal) das Symposium der Melton Foundation steigt.Freu mich schon, dort die ganzen Quatschköpfe ;-) aus der Stiftung wiederzusehen, aber vorher erforsche ich erst einmal Südwestchina! Und damit dabei das Gepäck auch relativ gut zu schultern bleibt und weil selbst ich irgendwann aus den schweren (!) Erfahrungen vorangegangener Reisen lerne, habe ich sogar bei Buchmaterialien gespart. Zugegeben, ich habe nur ein halbes Kapitel aus der 2004er Ausgabe meines Lonely Planet China herausgetrennt - mein neuer (kleinerer) Reiseführer deckt eben Hongkong, Macao und Guangzhou nicht ab, ich wollte aber doch wenigstens einige wenige Infos auch für diese Orte haben (im Gegenzug aber nicht ein weiteres Kilo Papier mitschleppen). Sodenn, auf geht's also!
Wer mich übrigens virtuell begleiten will, kann hier Berichte (und evtl. Fotos von unterwegs) finden. Sodenn, ich freu mich drauf, von euch zu hören!

Hanna

1 Kommentare:


  1. Sweety, have a save trip, all my best wishes and thoughts are with you!!! Big hugs... have fun, be "hanna careful" and watch out for killer ants, kiwis (correy:) and sleepy travel companies (gelagirls:)

    well actually i am a bit jealous but this is just the normal itchy feet..

    Take care, believe in the goodness of traveling and I am sure, everything will find his way when you are back...

    lots of love to you!!!

    Cheers Angela